EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) is a non-profit membership foundation based in Brussels, Belgium. EFQM is the custodian of the EFQM Excellence Model, a non-prescriptive management framework that is widely used in public and private sector organizations around the world.
EFQM runs the annual EFQM Excellence Award, which is designed to recognize organizations that have achieved an outstanding level of sustainable excellence. The EFQM Excellence Model was launched in 1991 and is based on eight Fundamental Concepts of Excellence.
Today, the EFQM Excellence Model is used by more than 30,000 organizations . usually used to help companies to continually improve and achieve higher levels of performance. AVERROES can help organizations who wants to participate in any of the Excellence Award programs by consulting and guiding them on how to implement all processes and activities needed to achieve the Excellence Award.
AVERROES can also help official bodies who organize the Excellence Award programs by providing certified EFQM Lead Assessors for the program. Organizations who will participate in an Excellence Award program can gain the following benefits:
- Satisfied and loyal customers
- Successful leaders
- A common sense of purpose throughout the organization
- Constant, well managed change
- Engaged and motivated people and other stakeholders
- Efficient and effective operation
- Minimal recurring problems
- Innovation will become the norm
- Excellent results, including good financial performance